Sunday, December 8, 2013

Talking to a Harvard Professor of Evolutionary Biology

I stumbled into a den of evolutionary biologists last night on Facebook.  One is a professor at Harvard and has me buying copies of "The Greatest Show On Earth," by Richard Dawkins and "Finding Darwin's God," by Ken Miller.

We Gandhians always give an ear and an open mind to all comers, so I guess I'll be reexamining my creationist views over the next few weeks.  Darwin's "first creature" argument has long ago been discredited in my mind, due to "vast irreducible complexity in the natural world."  Neo-Darwinism, the proposition that a comet or a group of space men passed the earth and sprinkled it with vast irreducible complexity, also seems beyond reason.  This professor is saying that I'm not looking deep enough into the issue, so I'm giving him my time to make his case, not that it makes much difference to a Gandhian in the application of Truth to world political policy.


Gene Chapman
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age), Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual) and Bishop T. D. Jakes (World Renowned Pastor)]
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com