Monday, December 16, 2013

Religious Bigotry in Texas Constitution Ends LP Run For Texas Governor

I understand, Pat.  The bigotry belongs to the State of Texas against the Gandhian and Tolstoyan Christian religions.  My Texas State Senator assures me that this issue will be addressed in 2015 session of the Texas Legislature.  I hope I can depend on the Texas LP to help make this religious bigotry intrinsic to the Texas Constitution a thing of the past.

I shall continue to help distribute books to the Texas LP and the larger LP as time goes on to strengthen the party (LibertarianGlobalLibrary.blogspot.com).  I hope a table can be available at each party event for the library. 

Note:  I am also examining a possible run for President of the United States in 2016.

Most respectfully,



Gene Chapman
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]


From: 
Subject: Your application for governor
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:03:25 -0600
To: gkchapman2012@hotmail.com

Gene,

Today I received this response from the secretary of state’s office.  I certainly appreciate the efforts you make to bring attention to issues and address intrusion of government into areas it doesn’t belong.  While there are certainly appropriate times for civil disobedience, as state chair I need to ensure our candidates are properly nominated.

Given the election code that we must operate under, I cannot accept your application for governor of Texas.  Therefore, you will not be listed on our website as a candidate and not appear as a candidate for the Libertarian nomination.

I know this is not what you want to hear and that you are making a principled stand.  I do respect that.

Yours in Liberty,

Pat Dixon
Chair, Libertarian Party of Texas
www.LPTexas.org