Friday, December 6, 2013

I'm Living a "Twilight Zone" Episode

When I was in my 20's, I was a pretty famous young preacher, running an outdoor advertising ministry.  One of my board members was Dr. Jack Hyles, who pastored a church with a high Sunday School attendance record of 118,000 people.  Another board member was Dr. Lee Roberson, Chancellor of Tennessee Temple University, for example.  So it would not be out of the realm of reasonable possibilities for me to get a letter from a Billy Graham, a Pat Robertson, etc.

Since moving my focus toward getting Christian leaders to endorse me, I've been in a strange place on Facebook.  I've been mailing letters to Bishop T. D. Jakes, Pastor Joel Osteen, etc., so it is not unreasonable to expect them to respond on Facebook.  But are these friend requests I'm getting from Bishop T. D. Jakes and Joel Osteen?

A few moments ago, I got a friend request from a Joel Osteen Facebook page.  I noticed that I was the first person to be friended by the page.  I replied that I thought this was suspicious, so I'd need a paper letter in the U. S. Postal Service to consider taking on his friend request in the future.

I'm still interacting with Bishop T. D. Jakes customer service person to make sure I'm really endorsed by him.  When I went to his church a few weeks ago, Bishop Jakes introduced me to the congregation as a Texas Gubernatorial candidate.  The woman who seated me in the VIP section that day told me, "They knew you were coming."  So I'm pretty sure of the T. D. Jakes endorsement.

It's like a "Twilight Zone" episode:  It might all be real, and it might not.  It might half be real.  All I can say is that I'm doing my best to sift through the facts and present the Gandhian Truth, as it presents itself to me.  It seems that paper letters of introduction are going to be required minimums in these Facebook exchanges.


Gene Chapman
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age), Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual) and Bishop T. D. Jakes (World Renowned Pastor)]
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com