Saturday, November 9, 2013

Made My Rounds

Well, I just finished up the trip to mail my letters to the Amazon.com CEO and the copied group, along with my visits to the Daystar Television Network, Bishop T. D. Jake's church and Dr. Jack Graham's church here in the Dallas area.

I was surprised to find that T. D. Jakes' operation is now a "closed campus," as the security officer put it, requiring me to back out into the street to exit, not allowing me so much as to leave a bumper sticker at the guard house.  (Fear.)

Dr. Jack Graham's place has him in a "secure area" these days.  (Fear again.) But I did get to leave my materials at the front desk.

This reminds me of a quote from Mahatma Gandhi:  "He who needs protection is not worthy to live."  I'm not suggesting anything sinister on these men;  however, I am aware from a Gandhian perspective that Truth moves in the ways of Love, and Love moves in the ways of Freedom.  Fear, which is the basis of their security systems, comes from violence that these men have telegraphed into the world at some point.  Someone has reacted to this violence, and they fear attack;  thus, the lock-down security mode at their churches.

I would expect that if they would stop pushing the Law of Moses and start pushing the Law of Jesus (Matthew 5-7) that they would stop thinking in terms of needing security, over time.  If you need Jesus on Saturday, better skip T. D. Jakes' place 'cause you ain't gettin' in to see him.


Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com