Monday, November 11, 2013

Is Wendy Davis Becoming A Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian?

Back when Wendy Davis was doing her filibuster at the Texas State Capitol, I sent her a very thorough email on Gandhiji's position, that I was surprised how Gandhiji had left the door open to abortion.  Being a well trained Gandhian, this is based, I believe, on the instruction by Jesus Christ's "Sermon on the Mount" to "judge not" (make no legal determinations of others) and 'go not to law,' which is inspired from I Corinthians and consistent with the "Sermon on the Mount."

Later, I followed up the email with a repeat of the idea.  She never responded, but it was on a site wherein one would have expected her to interact with constituents and donors back before she got big-time news coverage.

Tonight, Wendy Davis was on the evening news here in Dallas and said, "I'm pro-life, but I don't think we should be making laws about it."  Is Wendy Davis going Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian on us?  Whatever the case, she sounded mighty Gandhi to me.


Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com