Saturday, November 23, 2013

Global Libraries to Seek Alternative to Amazon.com


Gene Chapman, CEO
Mahatma Gandhi Global Library and Book Exchange
P. O. Box 295545
Lewisville, Texas 75029

November 23, 2013

Mr. Jeffrey Bezos, CEO
Amazon.com
XX
XX

Dear Mr. Bezos:

As the CEO of the Mahatma Gandhi Global Library and Book Exchange and its subsidiary, the Libertarian Global Library and Book Exchange, it is my sad duty to inform you of the decision to seek alternatives to your book offerings at every opportunity, based on the enclosed information.

When it comes to my attention that Amazon.com has made a serious effort to humanly treat and pay all those working to make you another billion dollars, I shall reconsider this position.  Until then, I must share to every libertarian minded individual on earth that serious moral problems exist at your company, and alternatives must be found to escape the plutocracy that is fast developing in your wake.

Most respectfully,



Gene Chapman, CEO
Mahatma Gandhi Global Library and Book Exchange


Beginning to See Amazon.com Through Chomsky's Eyes

Living in Lewisville, Texas, I am very near the new Amazon facilities here in the area.  I am watching the local police departments fawn over the overtime work for which they are paid handsomely to control traffic from these gigantic warehouses.  I am made aware of how the top managers at Amazon curse at their workers to get optimum results.  I see how truckers are held up for days to unload their trucks, which impoverishes these honorable workers by all the waiting.  I see the pay so poor that families must share housing to live in the area.  I see a security system reminiscent of the cages from "Planet of The Apes," or some Orwellian/ "Joe Versus the Volcano" brain cloud scenario.  I'm half expecting to see a horse mounted Amazon supervisor chasing after an escaping hourly employee across the mammoth parking lots, a net about to be casts over the escapee.

I do see the "unregulated tyranny" that Dr. Chomsky wrote me about last month.  I see how all the economists seem to be pushing for unionization, and I agree.  Amazon.com employs 70,000 people to do the work of 700,000, all the while paying them the wages of teenagers.

Yes, I think moral (Gandhian) unionization is the path ahead, as companies like Amazon operate unchecked against the citizens of Texas and America.  The free market works both ways:  If they can build a tyranny, we can build a moral opposition to it.


Gene Chapman
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]