Saturday, October 19, 2013

Youth Losing Faith in the Voting System

A couple of years ago, I was sitting in a Sociology class at the University of North Texas, and the professor posed the question:  "Do you have faith in computer voting?"  The laughter was, down to a student, unanimous.  No one had faith in computer voting.

The problem is that it only takes one computer person in the right place at the right time with the wrong motivation to change any election.  That is the perception of 100% of the young people in my old Sociology class.  And when the people lose faith, voting is suppressed.

I remember running for President in the 2008 campaign, and this guy comes into the comments section of my campaign blog and tells me that he is going to add 100 votes onto the on line poll for a particular candidate that night (was not me), just like the current poll at ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com/.  The next day, this candiate has 100 more votes than everybody else.  He did it again the next night, just as I described above.

Over the past two elections in the past year in Denton County, Texas, I've gone into vote and found NO paper ballots are provided.  It's not even available anymore.  I politely turn around and leave each time, as I will not legitimize the illegitimate.  The fact is, any computer vote delegitimizes the faith in the whole vote, as one computer in the hands of one person can change an election behind the scenes.

Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain.


Gene Chapman
Tolsotyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com