Saturday, October 5, 2013

Who Is a Viable Libertarian?

I keep getting these emails from the old Libertarian Party leadership trying to shame me into signing the Texas Secretary of State's website to gain ballot access for the gubernatorial run.

First, Texas Senator Jane Nelson's office is trying to find me a religious exception, as we Gandhians do not willfully place ourselves under the laws of man without an almost life or death reason.  That process if not over.

Second, to suggest that I must violate my religious views to be a "viable Libertarian candidate" seems to me to be very un-libertarian and short sighted.  You see, the whole point of libertarianism is to get man out from under the very laws of man that so enslave us, such that we are now applauding attempts to shut down the Federal Government, a system that has placed so many contracts before us that we are contemplating signing nothing ever again.

Libertarians should be rallying around me, not castigating me.  The State Capitol should be inundated with letters and calls on my behalf, not kowtowing to the will of the state.  Do you want freedom or slavery?  The Gandhian is standing here showing you the path to your own freedom!

Gene Chapman (a.k.a. "The Goldwater Kid")
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
Your Only Anti-Marxist Choice for Texas Governor
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com