Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Texas Gubernatorial Candidate Refuses Computer Only Voting for 3rd Time in a Year

I just got in from an opportunity to vote at City Hall here in Lewisville, Texas.  I asked if there were any paper ballots available and was told, "no."

I politely said, "You know, I was in a class at UNT a couple of years ago, and every student in there laughed openly at the prospect of computer voting being legitimate."  I continued, "It depresses the vote.  I'm not gonna legitimize the illegitimate."  I smiled, turned and walked away from this illegitimate voting system for the third time in a year.

The four ladies looked at me in polite surprise, while the lead said, "Thank you."  I guess she was thanking me for not voting, just what you would expect in that kind of system.

Solution:

1)  Provide paper and pen ballots only.

2)  Hang them up for public display, as the ballots are turned in.

3)  Let the public take pictures of the ballots on public display.

4)  Count the ballots behind glass, so citizens can watch and film it.

Gene Chapman
Tolsotyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com