Saturday, October 5, 2013

Libertarian Mantle Held Strong By Chapman

Well, the event went about three hours, an hour short of what was expected.  I held my ground and stayed outside on the street passing out my materials.  There were a reported 50 people in attendance.

The head organizer of the Tea Party event was an elderly man who reminded me of my good old Uncle Cleo, who died at age 103 a couple of years ago, so I couldn't hold a grudge.  He apologized for the confusion and asked me to come in.  He assured me that he would personally address the issue of my being removed from the candidate invite list with the company/ organization that was promoting the event on the Internet, and I was assured that this would not happen again and that the advertiser might not have a job in the future.

I met Tom Paukin and gave him a copy of my materials on the way into the even.  I took this fuzzy picture of him as he came out three hours later and told him that I planned to put him on my board of directors to dismantle the Marxist state when I am elected Texas Governor.  He had a big smile, and so did I.  (Maybe I can get the Republicans to move toward Goldwater, at least.)

I spent time visiting with the security guard who is having a hard time making ends meet.  I think I have his vote.

I met one man who came out of the event after three hours, and he told me he learned more reading my handout than anything the candidates said in their three minute speeches to non-issues.  (The billboard guy wins again!)

I think I converted a 75 year old  retired Christian minister to Gandhian Philosophy.  He has lots of good books to read on the list I gave him.

He asked what difference there was between myself and Kathy Glass, both of us being Libertarian candidates for Texas Governor.  (Kathy was inside in the forum.)  I said that all I know about her is that she doesn't have much specific on her website, as most candidate do.  I explained that I understand she is for a fence on the border.  On the other hand, being a Gandhian, I see the fence as a mechanism to create unnecessary stress between the populations of Mexico and the US over time.  It is very counterproductive to peace between nations to build the fence, in my Gandhian view.  I continued that I believe the fence represents the Marxist state protecting itself from social benefits depletion by undocumented Mexicans, for example.  He thought that was a bit of a stretch, but he appreciated my point.

All-in-all, I represented the Libertarian mantle strong and was the talk of the event, I understand, as I stayed outside on the bank steps across the street from the underground conference room for three and a half hours, getting a good tan.  No press showed to interview me.  (Don't know what that was about.)  What we do know is that Gene Chapman is respected by the Amarillo Tea Party leadership and will be studied by Tom Paukin tonight on this website.  Hi Tom.

Gene Chapman (a.k.a. "The Goldwater Kid")
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
Your Only Anti-Marxist Choice for Texas Governor
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com
cell:  214-770-8053