Monday, October 28, 2013

Chapman and Chomsky Dialogue on "libertarian" Definition:

Thanks for the reply, Dr. Chomsky,

After I sent my tense challenged version of the definition to you, I had a guy send me ten definitions of libertarian.  I felt so ignorant.

I saw a neo-libertarian defined in terms of a neo-con who is a libertarian, otherwise.  We have to draw the line somewhere, I think.

Gene


From:
To: gkchapman2012@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Question For Dr. Chomsky?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:21:59 +0000

No particular opinion about very general definitions of the word.  More interesting to me at least is a characterization of how the terms are used.

From: Gene Chapman [mailto:gkchapman2012@hotmail.com] 
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:48 PM
To: Noam Chomsky; Gene Chapman
Subject: Question For Dr. Chomsky?

Dr. Chomsky,

I would be interested to see your critique of my definition:

Chapman's Definition of a "libertarian" (noun):

libertarian:  1)  one who clings to "liberty"/ "freedom" (Greek word:  elutheria) -- without liability or obligation.

2)  one who is in opposition to "enslavers" (Greek word:  andrapodistes) -- a)  one who imposes a taxing of labor and/ or the intrinsic value of property, property being the physical manifestation of labor.  b)  to number as cattle.

3)  an Anti-Marxist:  one opposed to anything related to the forced collectivism of the state (i. e. Karl Marx and "The Communist Manifesto").
Gene Chapman
Tolsotyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com