Monday, September 30, 2013

Tea Party Hijacked by Elitists?

I remember the first time I heard of a "Tea Party" event.  I addressed a crowd of a few hundred of the overflow crowd of many thousands at the Birmingham, Alabama Convention Center, I believe it was.  Before then, we called them "Patriot Meetings."

I was too busy getting coverage on the front page of "The New York Times" for protesting Alabama Governor Bob Riley's proposed income tax increase that he claimed had the support of Jesus Christ.  I showed up and did a 28 day fast on the step of the Alabama State Capitol and that all changed.  The tax increase was defeated.  And I remember the "Ten Commandments Rally" when Jerry Falwell talked about me on national television and the coverage that came in that protest at the same time.

In 2006 and 2007, I ran for President of the United States and found myself surrounded by old Goldwater Presidential Campaign staff, who began to call me "The Goldwater Kid," as time went on.  The Tea Party was still just a word off in the distance.

For the past few years, I've been in college, knocking out degrees in various subjects (welding, economics, motion picture production, sociology), so I've been out of the spotlight.  I had no idea that the same fellow who helped Aaron Russo make and promote "America:  Freedom To Fascism" would be snubbed by the so-called Tea Party of Amarillo, Texas, first claiming to have invited me, then removing "The Goldwater Kid" from the invitee list in favor of four lawyers.

I believe that we all deserve a seat at the table of ideas, even "The Goldwater Kid" at a so-called Tea Party event held by bankers, it appears, for lawyers, the only two groups that Jesus Christ ever rebuked.  I want to thank the Amarillo event for showing your elitist colors.  There are no "less than" citizens in my world.  And I couldn't pay for the news coverage that you have given me for your arrogance.

I'll be out front passing out my materials Saturday while you all conspire to rape the good people of Texas of their liberty and property.

Gene Chapman (a.k.a. "The Goldwater Kid")
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
Your Only Anti-Marxist Choice for Texas Governor
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com