Thursday, September 5, 2013

Question for Gene?

"Mr. Chapman, how do you feel about the Walmart protests for a raised minimum wage?"

Gene's answer:  Efforts to unionize are quite Gandhian, as long as they are not promoting the violence of Marx in their demands.

Walmart is not known to me to be a good citizen.  In fact, my experience with Walmart thirteen years ago, led me to leave the driving of truck vans to driving flat bed trucks away from Walmart's threats.  I didn't care to be treated with disrespect by kids in high school when I was making deliveries at Walmart Distribution Centers.  They also had signs up that threatened every trucker's job at every turn, were we not absolutely submissive to any demand placed upon us while on Walmart property.  Threats are not a good way to get me excited about your company.

I plan to boycott Walmart products while the twenty employees who were fired for protesting the wage issue are still unpaid by Walmart, and I encourage others to join me.  This is pure Gandhian.

Also, as soon as monetary expansion by the central bank is abolished, I will be happy to call for an end to the minimum wage.  However, it is immoral to both allow monetary expansion and then tell work-a-day folks that they should not have a mechanism to recover the loss of the value of their labor.

We learn in economics class that the last thing to catch up with monetary expansion is wage labor.  In this reality, we cannot just allow people to be abused into the gutter by a thoroughly abusive system.

My perfect solution is to abolish the state conception of life by running candidates who will not take the oath of office when elected.  Until the masses awaken, we will need a minimum wage as long as the state expands the money supply.

Gene Chapman
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor

(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com