Friday, September 6, 2013

Answers to Last Night's Definition Posting

Questions: 

1)  Am I a follower of Yeshua (Jesus Christ), as Tolstoy was? 

2)  Was it moral to define Quatloos in negative terms? 

Answers:

I'm a Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian, politically.  I believe in a Bible-centric society, the best path is to focus on Christ's Sermon on the Mount.  If I were in Saudi Arabia, I'd be promoting the Quran.  If I were in India, I'd be pushing the Gita.

I am Gandhian in religion (one who worships God as Truth Only), pulling from all religions, all economic systems and all philosophies.  Jesus Christ is a very great mind, and his sermon provides brilliant insights on peace.  Nothing more.

I was rebuking a young man on Quatloos last evening for trying to make every exchange into a cynical attack upon libertarian ideas.  He was being petty.  I had been under the impression that Quatloos was a professional group seeking to preserve Marxist ideas, so I went on to dialogue with counter positions to redirect them away from the violent paths of Marx.  I found that it was a group of childish nerds sitting in their mother's basements just trying to hurt people who are doing honorable work for individual liberty. They are character assassins, for the fun of it. 

I ended the postings when I realized they were of a non-intellectual and illegitimate nature at Quatloos.  They need to be defined for what they are to ensure they do not gain any undeserved credibility in the world, so I posted the proposed definition you saw.

Gene Chapman