Monday, July 29, 2013

Monetary Expansion and You

Over the past few weeks, I've been putting my Economics major to work in my trucking job, and I think you might like to relate my experiences to your own.  In 1994, I could make about a $900 a week pay check. Today, I'm doing about the same.

The problem is that a week on the road, living like a king, was about $280 a week back in 1994.  Today, that same lifestyle costs about $480 a week.  A motel in 1994 was about $35 to $45 a night.  Today, that same motel ranges from $55 to $75 a night.  A sit down meal was about $9 in 1994.  That same meal is about $15 to $17 today.  That $900 pay check had about $100 in taxes taken out in 1994.  Today, that check has about $200 in taxes taken out.  In 1994, I could save $400 a week and not even feel it.  Today, I can't even come up with $50 a week for savings.

Milton Friedman says that the lion's share of price inflation (what I've been sharing above) comes from monetary expansion/ growth.  So if the central bankers did not exist, I'd still be making $900 per week, but my road expenses would be closer to $280 per week and my savings would get that $400 per week still.

Where did all that paper money go?  It went to fund wars through an unseen tax, so the state conception of life could be imposed upon the rest of the world.  It went to re-inflate the stock prices on Wall Street, where the central bankers go for employment when they finish up their public sector jobs at the central bank.  It went to empower the powerful to threaten murder against those who operate in ways that the powerful do not wish -- Tolstoy.

The central bank is a product of the state (not the State of Texas in specific, but the state conception of life).

Swear not/ Do not take oaths (ends the state and all its systems of violence).  You might want to think long and hard about voting for those other guys.  They offer you more state conception of life.  I offer you Tolstoy's Kingdom conception from the Sermon on the Mount:  Peace on earth.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com