Thursday, July 4, 2013

Made it To Georgetown, Texas

Well, I'm here in Georgetown, Texas on top of a hill.  I am concerned that truck stops are filling up for the night, and I may not find parking if I continue south toward Austin.  Parking for truckers is a real efficiency problem when you get east of Denver.  It costs the U. S. some GDP, I'm sure.

Well, I'm waiting for the sun to set to see what fire works we see for Independence Day here in the USA.

I've been reading an online article about various Gandhians who have changed the world.  It's a tall order to walk in those shoes.  All but Cesar Chavez have advanced degrees, it seems.  I'd be happy to do a master's and doctorate in social economy, but I'm deep in student loans for now.  Plus, I still have nine classes left on my bachelor's degree.  Unless I win the lottery, I'm getting a little old to keep throwing everything into education.  However, I am reminded that Gandhiji did say that we should seek (I assume formal) education expecting to live a hundred years.

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com