Sunday, July 7, 2013

An Interesting Email Exchange w/ Christopher Scott and Associate

I asked Christopher Scott, Founder of House of Renewed Hope (an Innocence Project for Falsely Convicted Citizens) for his endorsement for my gubernatorial campaign.  He agreed, and then I got a second email from an associate of his, asking me to remove the endorsement from my web page until the entire board could examine the request.  As I looked over his board, I saw one J.D. after another.

Asking a lawyer to "go not to law, render not evil for evil, judge not, condemn not" is like asking a pot head to "go not to pizza."  I'm not very optimistic that the entire board could ever endorse a Gandhian, as Gandhiji abandoned his law practice, as he sought to follow Truth Only/ God as presented in Christ's Sermon on the Mount, as interpreted by Leo Tolstoy's book, The Kingdom Of God is Within You.

We'll see if I hear back from Christopher.  Following Truth Only/ God can be rough on your social life, but years in prison can give one resolve beyond everything else.

So for my folks, wondering where the endorsement went, that's what's going on.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com