Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Had A Dream Last Night

I had a dream last night.  Milton Friedman and Paul Krugman were in it, so you know it wasn't an erotic dream.  ;-)

Well, it was so depressing.  All I could think about is how sleeping, where I am now, in the back of a truck in Twin Falls, Idaho (I'm driving trucks to pay down college debt), on the way to a delivery was as good as life was ever gonna get in a Paul Krugman money expansionist world.  I wondered when the economists of today would awaken to the fact that this monetary expansion is why my $40,000 trucking job of the 1990's has the buying power of $25,600 in today's cash.  I look at the prices of fuel and food and motels, and I shudder to think of the future.

And Paul Krugman thinks we need more monetary expansion.  He sure isn't a fan of Milton Friedman's book, Money Mischief, I'm sure.  For what it does to buying power alone, one would think that Friedman would win out with these guys.  It is so hopeless to continue the "state conception of life," as Tolstoy put it.

We have to restart the whole thing if there is any hope for tomorrow.  The roots of Keynesian-Marxism are in too deep to pull it out.  They have the Constitution saying things an idiot knows better, like the "necessary and proper" clause supporting Social Security and host of other things.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian for Texas Governor
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com