Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been reading Leo Tolstoy's book, My Religion, and it is powerful stuff.  If we could get a copy of this book into the hands of every politician, we could see an end to the death penalty in three weeks. He shares how that Jesus says, " Moses said [x], but I say [y]."  "The law and the prophets say [x], but I say [y]."  Jesus is not sprinkling a little sugar on the law of Moses in continuation;  rather, he is throwing out the whole of the law and the prophets again and again and giving his new law.  The "law eternal" is what Jesus seeks to fulfill, not the law of Moses.  There is no divorce under the law eternal, etc., etc.  There is only forgiveness in all circumstances.  "Judge not, condemn not" in all circumstances.  Anything less is not the Kingdom and is illegitimate.

One caveat:  I'm not even sure there is marriage initiated in the Kingdom concept.  Gandhiji seems to go toward absolute celibacy in his early years (39 onward), then lies naked with naked young girls in his old age.  I think he was examining sexual liberation in his older years, but the writings he made have been suppressed.  I'd like to see them.  Another possible explanation was that he was testing his ability to control his libido.  I term this the "Gandhiji Fetish":  the effort to control one's sex drive in the midst of a sexual situation.  Either way, it's a kind of sexual liberation.

We work to abolish the state because it is a mechanism of judgement and condemnation and enslavement to the whims of the powerful rather than to Truth.

Wow,

Gene