Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Power of Non-Participation

Since my days in Bible College at the age of nineteen,  when I first found the Sermon on the Mount, I have been turning over in my head the ideas I espouse now for my gubernatorial campaign, twenty-eight years later.

In South Carolina in 2005, when they locked me up for protesting the second plank of The Communist Manifesto at the IRS, I experimented with the concept of not signing oaths (paperwork) or providing a driver's license or social security number.  It has been amazing to see how little can be done with you when you just respectfully decline to participate in your own character assassination by the state.  I won't go into detail, as there are many tactics I do not want the state to fully understand, but the tactics of Tolstoy's book, The Kingdom Of God Is Within You, I want everyone to understand do work on at least my level of past use.

I plan not to vote in November, 2014, as the signature to vote is a de-facto oath;  however, there will be many who will vote with an eye toward our convictions.  It is these I want to reach and teach.  So if you donate to this campaign, you will be donating to teach others to abandon the state in every respect, not because it was given by Jesus to build his Kingdom, but because it was understood by Tolstoy and used to great effect by Mahatma Gandhi to free India from British Colonialism.  If a Kingdom is built, fine, but I seek no Kingdom but to be left alone by the state and its violence.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyian-Gandhian Libertarian for Texas Governor
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com